FSI’s POLARIS® System Refresh Program™
FSI’s POLARIS® Systems and Services (PSS) Refresh Program provides a cost effective method for capacity additions and technology enhancements, as well as extending the life of POLARIS® system investments. PSS can upgrade existing systems with the latest capabilities, replace out-of-spec parts and reconfigure the system for current process flows and throughput requirements. These services are also available for used systems purchased on the open market.
FSI Refresh Program™ Assessment
Returned POLARIS® systems undergo a comprehensive FSI evaluation:
- Extensive rebuild process where modules are stripped to the module frames and refurbished using years of reliability information.
- All modules undergo testing equivalent to new system standards.
- All defective parts identified during testing are replaced.
During this process, FSI will add customer-specified upgrades to enhance the performance and reliability of the system. FSI customers benefit by receiving a fully functional, up-to-date system at a fraction of a new tool price.
FSI Refresh Program™ Certified Systems
To be certified, a POLARIS® Refresh™ system must pass the same required testing as a new POLARIS® system. As the OEM, FSI has the ability to identify which parts must be replaced to yield high reliability at minimal cost.
In addition, FSI has developed many upgrades that improve reliability, throughput, serviceability and overall performance. These upgrades, developed over many years, can be added during the refresh process. The result is a refreshed system that contains FSI’s most advanced lithographic technology.
FSI Refresh Program™ Certified Warranty
Basic system warranties cover parts for a specified time period. Labor warranties are also available or labor can be covered under existing retainers or onsite contracts.
The FSI Refresh Program™ encompasses a variety of options:
- With over 150 layouts to choose from, FSI consistently produces systems that are matched to the customers needs.
- Upgrade/update or modify existing systems to match other tools in a customer’s fab.
- Move systems from one location to another location within a fab.
- Relocate systems from one fab to another fab.
- Remove a system, refresh it, and reinstall it in any fab location.
- Locate and obtain a used system, refresh it, and offer it at a lower-than-new price.
- Trading in existing systems to allow customers access to newer POLARIS® technology systems at reduced prices.
- Turnkey decommission/relocation options provide less risk and less cost for customers who are removing or relocating systems.
FSI will find the best solution to meet your requirements. Use the link below to request more information about the FSI POLARIS® Refresh Program™.
Standard Tool Enhancements
FSI is pleased to offer POLARIS® Upgrades to existing customers. Sent to you upon request, these CDs contain detailed information about available upgrades to increase throughput, improve critical dimensions and reduce defects. CD information is categorized by model and is easy to use.
FSI is constantly soliciting information to ensure offerings are developed that deliver value to the customer.
Let FSI know how we can help improve the performance of your POLARIS® System by requesting a POLARIS® System Upgrade CD.